Stonie's Sausage Shop, Inc. located in Perryville, MO, was founded in 1959 by Stanislaus (Stonie) Wibbenmeyer. Stonie's heritage in the meat business goes back to the early 1900's when as a boy he worked at a meat market in Perryville. In 1930 he went to work at the Duerr Meat Market and managed the market until it closed in 1959.
Two months later he opened Stonie's Sausage Shop in a small concrete block building on the western edge of Perryville. His son, Don, joined him there in 1962. After Stonie's death in 1975, Don's son, Roger joined the business and the two continued the business through 1997, when Don retired. Carrying on the family tradition, Roger's son, Tyson, joined the business that same year.
Stonies Added on to the original concrete block building and continued to operate there until the shop outgrew the location and moved to the new facilities at 1507 Edgemont Boulevard in the fall of 2006.