Self-catering accommodation in a lovingly restored stone barn in a rural setting within walking distance of Oldcastle, on the Cavan-Meath border. Glenboy 90 minutes from Dublin & 2 hours from Belfast. With views of Loughcrew megalithic cairns, Glenboy offers traditional Irish farmhouse style with the luxury for a holiday to remember. Facilities include:
* spacious sitting areas with south-facing sunroom
* Patio & BBQ
* Fully-equipped kitchen
* 4 bedrooms with king-size pocket-sprung beds
* 4 bath-rooms with power-showers/bath
* Entrance ramp + downstairs bedroom/bathroom designed for those with mobility difficulties (ITB Accessibility Scheme Grade 3)
* 100% cotton bed-linen & towels included in price
* WiFi Internet
* Multi-channel TV & DVD
* Stero & music collection
* book and games collection
* Underfloor heating & wood stove
* Secure parking and enclosed garden
* Airport pick-up, catering/organic food, advance bookings of local amenities by arrangement
Glenboy is the perfect base for fishing, walking, cycling, golfing, horse-riding and exploring the historic and cultural sites in the area.
10 minutes walk to Oldcastle for pubs, restaurants, shops, playground, library, gym, Pitch & Putt etc, daily bus to Dublin.
10-15 minutes drive to lakes such as Sheelin & Ramor etc, Fore Abbey, Loughrew megalithic tombs, Woodfield Open Farm, Cavan County Museum etc. An array of summer arts, music and heritage festivals in surrounding area.
An onsite meeting room is available by arrangement for retreats
On parle fran
Glenboy is less than 1km from Oldcastle (off the N3)
Oldcastle is located on the border of Meath and Cavan 90 minutes drive north-west of Dublin.
From Dublin take M50 Junction 6 exit (signposted for Cavan) and follow the N3 to Kells.
From Belfast follow the M1 to Dundalk and take N52 to Kells. From kells follow signs for Oldcastle