"De Nieuwe Tijd" is a strongly built farmhouse in the centre of the polder Wieringermeer. The image is strongly determined by agricultural activities: in spring many flower fields, in summer cereals, beets, potatoes, carrots and onions.The location is very well suited for a stay of several days and as a homebase for your trips by car.
In the farmhouse are 6 bedrooms + chalet, ensuite ( private shower, toilet and wash-basin) tv/dvd and central heating, with a view of a beautiful garden. There are also a breakfast room, a lounge, with television, minibar and bordgames. WIFI for free.
The surroundings are is very well suited for trips by car, bike or on foot.
- Walking or cycling to Robbenbos/Dijkgatbos or the isle of Wieringen
- Sailing on the Waddenzee – wading in the mud-flats – watching the seals
- Visit the Afsluitdijk – IJsselmeer or Northsea beach
- Visit Medemblik – Hoorn – Enhuizen
- Visit Amsterdam ( approx. 50 km)
- Visit Schagen – Alkmaar (cheesemarket)
- Visit Den Oever – Texel